- Born: Cal 1703, Auchmithie, Angus
- Married (1): Agnes Cargill
- Died: 6 Feb 1771, Arbroath, Angus aged about 68
- Buried: St Vigeans Churchyard
1750 - Skipper in Auchmithie
1771 - Shipmaster in Auchmithie
His dates are from the gravestone in St Vigeans churchyard.
I have 8 children recorded. The 8th, David, is recorded on the same gravestone as his father, having died 3 months later. However, David's baptism in the OPR does not quite tally with the age stated on the gravestone. Assuming the OPR baptism is correct, and shortly after his birth, suggests there is a missing birth between his brother John 1745 and him.
• Branch: Cargill.
• Proof Link: Daughter's birth.
• Commemorated: Gravestone: St Vigeans Churchyard.
John married Agnes Cargill, daughter of Robert Cargill and Helen Spink. (Agnes Cargill was born on 13 Dec 1705 in Arbroath, Angus.)